The money collected goes to support the operating expenses of Jamaa Letu, the orphanages, such as food, clothing, school fees, utilities, medical care, and salaries for the staff.
Please consider donating to your local church, designated to Jamaa Letu, between now and June.
If your church meets in person, consider making Jamaa Letu jars for the coin (and bill!) collection and turn them in to your church treasurer. You can also give by check; in the memo, indicate “Jamaa Letu Orphanages” or “Jamaa Letu Scholarships.” Your treasurer will send the funds to the conference office in late June or when the funds are received. All the funds donated here will go to support our orphans.
You can also mail your checks to the PNW Treasurer’s Office:
P.O. Box 13650, Des Moines, WA 98198.
We are offering two options of the Jar$ for the Jamaa Letu label. Download one or both of the 2023 Jar$ for Jamaa Letu Label options by clicking on the links below
- 1 Jar Label, single-sided, with one copy of the instructions and the label.
- 2 Jar Labels, double-sided with two labels with instructions on the back.
Use a jar to collect coins and bills.
- Tape to jars and cans for distribution to your congregation. The label’s design can also be used for bulletin inserts, newsletters, and e-messages.
- Put a large jar in the narthex and encourage people to fill it with change and bills.
- Send labels home with worshipers to tape to their jars to be filled and returned to your local church.